Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Junk Hunt Memories

Another fun time at the junk hunt. I needed to capture some memories before I forget. We were supposed to go to Johnson's Creek, but many got stuck in snow trying to get up there so they moved it to Immigration Canyon which is about 25-30 miles south of Grouse Creek. Kerry took his tent trailer up again and Dad, Walker and I stayed with him and Hayden.

Thursday we had a discussion in the kitchen regarding our menu plans. Wendy was giving her advice, on what we should eat. Walker, "We don't eat healthy Mom, it's the Junk Hunt!"

Friday about noon Kerry arrived in Oakley. Hayden and Walker embrace in the drive way exchanging their "I love you's".

Walker Rode up in the truck with Kerry and Hayden. On the way up Walker says to his Uncle Kerry, "I don't even know why my mom misses me, she doesn't play with me that much anyway."

We arrive get set up, play some horse shoes and have a great steak and potatoes dinner. Sitting around the camp fire at night telling stories is a favorite. Zane asks Walker if he's enjoying the junk hunt and he replies, "yes, it's nice to finally get away from the sisters for a while"

Saturday morning we had pancakes and burnt sausage (sorry guys). Then we went on a 4-wheeler trip up through the mountains where we climbed some rocks and shot guns. On the way up Walker says to me, "Dad, you're lucky to have a son so you don't have to be up here by yourself." Yes, Walker I feel blessed to have a son. Walker thanked me numerous times for bringing him on the Junk Hunt.

Saturday afternoon we played horseshoes, caught horny toads and shot skeet. Dad and I left home just before dinner.

Total Count, 99. Keeps on getting bigger. Hope Craig, Jeff, and Jason can make it next year.

2 comments:

mom and dad said...

Sounds so fun. Don't know why I can't go with you guys. Walker gave you some fun things for your memory. Thanks for the stories. Love, mom

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun, maybe some day the Mickelsen's can join in the fun.