Thursday, May 20, 2010

Best run so far

Monday I ran 3 miles, Tuesday 4 miles, Wednesday I did some weight training, and today I had intentions to run 4 miles and then my long run on Saturday in Boise. Just as I was going out my front door, Tom Nilsen was running by and so he was kind enough to wait for me. He said he was running his long run today because he couldn't on Saturday so I told him I would run 5 with him and then he could finish out. After 5 I felt pretty good so I kept going. I finished my longest run this year with 8 miles. I was surprised by how good I felt. It was a very comfortable pace for me at 10:30/mile. I stopped at about 6.5 miles to stretch because I was cramping a little. That seemed to help a bunch. I need to make sure I'm stretching about every 4-5 miles. I had one of those "ah ha" moments today where I think I could have ran a few more miles. The temperature was cloudy and a little on the cool side which I think helped. It is also nice to run with company, I enjoy running with Tom. Helps to keep my mind off the pain, and the boredom of running alone. I hope to cap the week off with a 3 mile run on saturday which would put me at 18 for the week. The depressing part, is this 8 mile run will be part of my short run in August and September. Oh well, one run at a time.

3 comments:

Craig said...

You better make sure your are toned up for the big Moses Lake run. Can't wait to see you!
PS-Can I be one of your pallbearers after the race?

mom and dad said...

Wow Kevin, I'm jealous. Not for the big run, but that you actually do it. Keep up the good work. Love, mom

mom Tolmanb said...

Great job!!!!!! Very proud of you. I told Shane about you..I hope he got ahold of you. He was going to.