Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ky's Surgery

Well yeah it's been a rough couple of weeks. Let's see I will start from Friday night two weeks ago... So it was the night of the Raft River football game (WE WON!) and I was fine at the game and everything, but hit about 2:30 a.m. I thought I was going to die! I woke up moaning and groaning no exaggeration. Even ask Ty, he was in my room. So I just tossed and turned all night, but no way was I going to miss going to the BYU game. I went on a date with Mark Pickett and if you know me and my BYU football you know I wouldn't miss a game for the world! So anyway I was pretty much hurting all day and just trying to ignore the pain. So I get home late that night still hurting and what not but I did sleep better that night. So then Sunday comes, still hurting of course and my mom was debating taking me into the Evening Medical Center. So I went and got in the shower and said i little prayer that my mom would know if she needed to take me in. Well she comes in and says I think I wanna take you in and asked me what I thought. Of course I knew my prayer was answered. So I put some sweats on and we were off to Burley. Once I got into the doctor she asked some questions and stuff and decided that I should go get some tests done and an ultra sound at the hospital. So we had a blood and urine test and the ultra sound then they sent us back to the Evening Medical Center. Then the doctor there told us my appendix were fine and that they found some blood in my philopian(sp?) tube. She said it could cause a lot of pain and that I was ok to go home. So head home and even before we step in the door Kelby hands the phone to my mom and says its the doctor. She said the official report of the ultra sound is that they couldn't see my appendix and they wanted me to come in for a cat scan. So yes, we head back into burley again to the hospital. So we get there and the guy comes out with huge glass of gross disgusting stuff that I needed to drink before I had the cat scan, but thank goodness that right as I started to drink it the surgeon walked in. She came and asked me a few questions and felt my stomach and decided that it was best to take me to the ER and get started on the operation. So yes, they went in and took out my appendix, but along with my appendix I also had a syst that had burst so they cleaned that out too. It was very painful and I still hurt pretty bad. I had a doctors appointment last Tuesday and have another one on this Tuesday. They think it's weird that I'm still hurting and I may need a cat scan if it doesn't get better soon. But don't worry I am feeling better than I was before the surgery haha... Well that's it from me! Love ya and hope all is well! love, Ky

5 comments:

mom Tolmanb said...

So sorry you had to go through that Ky. I hope you start feeling better real soon. You're too young to go through things like that. Love ya Aunt Sherie

christy jensen said...

We are glad that you are feeling a little better at least. Sorry you had to endure that. We hope you ar 100% very soon. We love you!

Unknown said...

well, thanks for sharing all that! It was good to hear it straight from you! and I am sorry that you are still hurting - we will continue to keep you in our prayers --- keep us posted!!! love ya girl!

mom and dad said...

Ky, we feel bad for you. Your health will get better because your name is on the prayer roll at the Twin Falls temple. Now everyone will be praying for you, not just grandma and grandpa. We love you. Hang in there. This too shall pass. Love grandma & grandpa

Rischel said...

Hey guys!! REmember me, Rischel??Love the hair Kevin. All you need is your bifocals to go along with the look.