Monday, June 18, 2007

Girls Camp

I attended my first Girls camp this week (no comments please, I can already see them coming). I take that back......I did attend one, when I was 8. That was when Craig and Kerry were tending me, and my finger was slammed in the door. After the Dr. Casted it, Dad took me up to camp to see Mom (still, please no comments).

I went to St. George last Wednesday for work, and then met the girls and leaders in Manti for the pageant. It was fun to see, since I haven't been there since I was probably Kelby's age. It was also fun to be there with Kylee, Kelby, and Nicki.

CLICK HERE TO SEE PAGEANT PICTURES

That night I stayed in Richfield, because I had an appointment there the next day. The rest of the crew went to Meadow and stayed with one of the leader's family. I met up with them for lunch at Cove fort where we spent the afternoon. It was fun to see where Uncle Delroy and Aunt Sidney spent their mission.

That evening we had a nice dutch oven meal, and then a program centered around the parable of the ten virgins. Nicki and the rest of the leaders did a great job. It was a very spiritual experience and I wish all of you were there to be with us. A memory I will cherish for a long time.

3 comments:

Earl Family said...

Sounds dreamy. Maybe you should mention exactly *why* you were there. Like the fact you are in the Bishopric and over the youth and every other program in your ward :) It makes much more sense when you say it that way. By the way - sorry I missed you when you dropped in. I am still mad at you for not waking me up :)

Craig said...

I was over the Young Women when I served in the bishopric. I will pass along some advice:
There are two theories when working with the Young Women... Neither one works.

mom and dad said...

Kevin, thanks for sharing the pagent with us. That was great. It's been a long long time. Too bad we all weren't there to see with with you. I'm glad you got to go with your girls too.