Monday, February 23, 2009

Kylee Poem

“Where I’m From”

I am from sheet music,
from Fur Elise and rock-and-roll
I am from the dusty closet shelves.
(Musky, sparkling; smells like old shoes.)
I am from the gerber daisy,
the fur tree
whose branches brush and bloom with
Pinecones.
I’m from popcorn and blue eyes,
from Raymond and Odean.
I’m from the jokesters of life
And the chatters for hours,
From it won’t hurt when you’re married.
I’m from He whom died for me
With a chance to live with my Father again.
I’m from Nampa and Priscilla’s branch,
funeral potatoes and strawberry jell-o.
From the thumb my grandpa lost roping,
the long, shaggy hair of my cousin.
In a cabinet filled with 3-ring binders
Filled with old and new faces,
Memories that fill my head
To last a lifetime and more;
I am the outcome of these memories,
The ups and downs of life,
And the wonderful adventures to face
my family that are still to come.

4 comments:

mom and dad said...

Kylee, that wasn't fair. Tears were flowing. You did a great job. Was this a school paper?? Thanks for sharing. We love you, grandma and grandpa

mom Tolmanb said...

That was very cool. It was very visual.I could see all the memories flow as I read the words.

Earl Family said...

Very impressive. You have talent. Great work Ky!

Anganette. EncourageOneAnother said...

WOW! That was amazing Kylee!! I hope you share it with Sis. Sagers, because I will be spreading the word. Thanks for sharing.