Saturday, June 5, 2010

Longest run so far in my lifetime

This morning I capped off my week with a 10.2 mile run. I had intentions of trying for 9 but, decided to keep going. I ran it in 1 hour and 47 minutes. 10:30/mile average. I stopped at 4.7 miles to get a drink and stretch and at mile 8.5 to do the same. I felt pretty good through 8 miles then my legs started to fatigue and my feet started to hurt. I was able to grind out the last 2 miles though. Still wondering how I will ever accomplish 26.2. 10 miles was my longest run (did it last year), so today at 10.2 is my official longest.

Monday I ran 3, Wednesday 5, and then Thursday I ran with KaeLynn in Orem and went 4.4. So I finished the week with 22.6. Longest week so far. Adding up all my miles this week, I'm still 3.6 miles short of a Marathon. That's a sickening thought.

3 comments:

mom and dad said...

Good for you Kevin, you make me tired. So far 1 mile is all I can do. Thanks for being a good example to us all. Love mom

Unknown said...

good job Forrest!!

Kathy Chandler said...

Hi Kevin,
I'm not sure if you've seen our awesome balance bands, but you'll see an incredible improvement in your endurance and abilities when wearing these. Please go to our website at performxplus.com to check them out! We had two friends of our run the Boston marathon last April with them and noticed a significant difference in energy and endurance. Good luck with all your running goals!
Kathy Chandler