Friday, March 12, 2010

Random Memories

As I was cleaning my office this morning, I had a random memory pop into my head. Then shortly after I had a thought that I should write down and capture these memories. Then I thought I should blog them. So that is what I'm going to do. Whenever I have a random memory pop into my head I will capture it on my blog, so the memory won't be lost and it will be fun for family to remember. It should be easier now that I can blog from my iphone. So if you see a post titled "random memory" you will know why.

Ok.....now for the random memory, and it's very random and I don't know what made me think of it. Whenever I see an Archie Comic I always think about a trip to Boise to stay with Aunt Sherie. It was just Kerry and I, and I think I was very young. We took a bus home and I think it was before Christmas. I remember there being a lot of snow, so that must have been the reason we took the bus home. I remember having an Archie Comic Book to read on the way home. I have always loved Archie Comics since then. I don't remember much else about the trip except being on a Grey Hound with Kerry and Archie.

I always enjoyed our trips to Aunt Sherie's house to play with my cousins. Lots of good memories of us piling into the car or truck and heading to Boise. I remember having the truck with the camper shell and a kerosene heater in the winter time.

6 comments:

mom and dad said...

Wow, what a good random. That was fun to remember. Keep them coming, and hope you aren't working in your office too hard. Sherie (spelling) will love to read this one. Thanks for the memory. Love, mom

Earl Family said...

I love it. I look forward to many more random memories ahead.

Reading mom's journals while I was in Oakley gave me a whole new outlook on journaling and blogging. You won't regret writing them down.

Miss you too. I hate that we don't see or talk to each other any more. Stupid busy lives.

christy jensen said...

So glad to see you blogging some memories. I think reading mom's journals had an effect on all of us. Keep them coming. I had no idea you loved Archie comics. Must be where I get it cuz I love them too.

Unknown said...

i heart archie too! every time i see one on a magazine rack i still get a thrill - but don't buy them - wonder why??
anyway - i too look forward to more blogging from ya!!

mom Tolmanb said...

OH....I can't see the keys for tears. See, KaeLynn,what I mean about tears? Oh, the fun days!! How I miss them. I'm sorry if I was the one that sent you on a bus!! :) I don't remember you doing THAT. I remember the camper shell and heater though. Can't wait to see more of the memories.

Craig said...

Seems just like yesterday.