Sunday, August 3, 2008

Ky,Kelb & Hay at BYU Football Camp












What an experience! These girls had a blast. Their only complaint was that they didn't get to play enough.
When Kylee heard about this camp two months ago she about went nuts. She wanted to go so bad. Kelby was very reluctant but decided she probably needed to understand the game a bit better since she is going to be a High School Cheerleader this year. Anyway, it didn't take much to talk Hayley Greenwell(Morrison) into going as well. And all it took for Stacy(Hayley's mom) and myself to get talked into it was the words "shopping trip." So off we went. What a trip! We didn't starve that is for sure. But the girls had a riot. The were able to get autographs and pictures with several notables. They loved the drills. And to be there on the field was awe inspiring at the very least. Stacy, who knows football inside and out since her husband is the Oakley Hornet Defending State Champs Head Coach, admits she doesn't know much about BYU Football. She was a bit overwhelmed with the hoopla. She said," I feel like I'm in another universe." But standing there mid field on the fifty yard line taking pictures of my daughters playing at Lavell Edwards Stadium was awesome. The girls dug in a went to work. Even Kelby as nervous as she was did a great job. She was a natural at the knee lifts since she is our little hurdler. Some of these pictures include: Max Hall and Dennis Pitta, both All-Americans, Brandon Doman, former BYU QB and current QB coach, and Head Coach Bronco Mendenhall.
What an experience! Kevin would have been going crazy. There were some great shirts there but the best shirt I saw was "Pooh on "U"". That was for you Amy. Go Cougs!!!!

6 comments:

mom and dad said...

Glad you had an awesome time girls. Guess the shopping was great too. Glad Aunt KK made beds for all of you. It's nice to have someone close to BYU. Thanks for sharing the pictures, It's getting closer to fall. Your dad would have loved to have been there with you. Love you, grandma

mom Tolmanb said...

That first picture looks a bunch like Wendy. I'm sure that isn't new. Well, what can I say, if it's going to be football, blue turf would have been fun!!! :)

Craig said...

Glad you had a good time. Wonderful pictures by the way.
Did the girls take a little bit of orange to wear? I didn't see any.
At least they listened to a guy by the name of BRONCO!

Amy N. said...

HAHA-that is a good one but I chant "I am rubber you are glue bounces off me to stick to you" in my most annoying Jr. High voice ;)

I had no idea that there was a camp like this-looks like tons of fun (even if it was BYU), and the pictures rock!

Anonymous said...

OK - so I found you guys through the Walker's blog...we miss you! your family is adorable and wow - you girls are hot! (Don't get mad at me saying that, mom, you know it's true!)

Love you!
Greg, Angel, and Macey

mom Tolmanb said...

I know this blog has been here for a day or two so i'm hoping you still read the comments: IT WAS SO FUN to see you last night. I just wish I could have had dinner for you or a treat or something.But please do it again. Love Aunt Sherie